Splatter House Yugioh Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kaines - September Predictions and Dreams

3 posters

Go down

Kaines - September Predictions and Dreams Empty Kaines - September Predictions and Dreams

Post  Kaine-TSH Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:29 am

The meta in my opinion is and has been one of the most diverse I've ever taken part in. Monarchs have made a come back, Glads are starting to look better everyday, people are ACTUALLY playing Rituals, X-Sabers is wrecking faces, Infernities are losing there ground and much, much more. After coming out of a format dominated by Twilight, Lightsworn and Zombies we're left wondering what in the world Konami has up it's sleeve. Based on the 2010 collector tins I have to offer these predictions up for this coming format.

XX-Saber Faultroll - Semi or Limited (The only way to slow down X-Sabers)
Battle Fader - Semi
Blackwing Kahlut - Semi (Blackwing Honest. Yes not AS splashable but Blackwings are way too good not to get touched again)
Lumina - Semi (Lightsworn has got to get some love back this format)
Charge of the Light Brigade - Semi (Come on charge at 2 is NOT broken)
Judgment Dragon - Limited (With Lumina and Charge going to semi they got to topple the big man)
Infernity Launcher - Limited (Cheap, Broken, Sacky)
Infernity Necromancer - Semi Limited (Cheap, Broken, Sacky)
Infernity Mirage - Semi Limited (sigh)

CCV - Limited (Not happening but I can dream)
Dark Strike Fighter - Limited (Errata'd to ONCE PER TURN)
Cyber Jar - Limited (God this could be so fun)

Agree? Disagree? Dispute lets get it started in here.

Kaine-
Kaine-TSH
Kaine-TSH
Admin

http://splatterhouse.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Kaines - September Predictions and Dreams Empty Cold wave

Post  Vanilla fox Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:08 am

Cold wave should be banned. A card that locks down your opponent's defenses, allows you to safetly make massive plays, and then ensures the opponent can't make an adequate comeback is far to powerful in my eyes.
Vanilla fox
Vanilla fox
Admin

http://www.splatter-house.com

Back to top Go down

Kaines - September Predictions and Dreams Empty Re: Kaines - September Predictions and Dreams

Post  Kaine-TSH Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:46 am

I agree Cold Wave is a little ridiculous. If you draw cold wave first turn and have a good hand it's easy to set up a domination. Special summoning your ass off and setting back field to protect yourself, meanwhile your opponent is left with albeit one monster (hopefully set in defense position if there pro).

I think that's why Konami beat it down to 1 though. Glads used to abuse the shit out of Cold Wave....I haven't seen cold wave in alot of top tier decks though. Or am I missing it? Haven't seen it being played much since the limit hammer.
Kaine-TSH
Kaine-TSH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Kaines - September Predictions and Dreams Empty Re: Kaines - September Predictions and Dreams

Post  j.thick_21 Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:56 am

Coldwave is huge!!! Coldwave, cat in x-sabers equals game over!!!
You also forgot to mention ddraw! Cmon man, gotta get that back to 2!!! Destiny Hero's are dead now because of that!
Also, I don't care if darksoul is exclusive, that little turd needs to be limited immediately! He's the sole purpose sabers are so broken in the 1st place. Gotta do somethin, they killed anything else that wasnt gladbeasts, infernities, sabers, blackwings before, now they gotta even the score.
j.thick_21
j.thick_21
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Vanilla fox Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:25 am

Destiny heroes had their time! Leave d-draw at one it's far too potent a synchro and draw engine.

Darksoul however should be limited or semi. Leave cat alone konami just stop making ridiculously broken cards obviously with cat in mind. I'm looking at you darksoul and samnite.
Vanilla fox
Vanilla fox
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  j.thick_21 Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:02 am

Potent yes, but no longer splashable... It's a deck-specific card that powered not just an engine but a deck type.. Can't destroy an entire decktype. All tat jazz about keeping the game competitive is just garbage then...
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, with the rise of Ryko, he'll become even more broken and accessible given another Charge. No way Konami allows such abuse of a single card. If they were to do that, I see Ryko becomming semi.. That card single handed has taken over the current format.
j.thick_21
j.thick_21
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Vanilla fox Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:56 am

Yeah but when is the last time you lost to ( or even faced ) a competitive destiny hero deck. It's the d-draw engine that's uber splashy, and was deservedly limited. Overly splashable/powerful engines always get hit by konami.

I agree, Charge will def stay at 1, ryko is way to present for that to happen.

Honestly I think something should happen to substitoad or swap frog, they are far too good of an engine. And frogtk needs to be stopped. Limit the toad and alot of consistency is lost.
Vanilla fox
Vanilla fox
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaine-TSH Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:53 am

I agree with both of you on D-Draw. Yes it was a very splashable engine and yes it had it's time but Posey is right D/E heroes do need support and there is no better support for them than D-Draw. Semi-limiting D-Draw and putting Mally at 1 keeps the card good but not broken at 2. I'm sure Konami will never limit Mally unless they ban him though because of his effect. So I'd have to agree with Travis in the fact that D-Draw can't come back as long as Mally is running amok. Why? Because it's unrefreshing at least to me. Yes I'd love to run Diva/Dad/Abzero again and rape people with Dewloren but we got to figure something out other than Destiny Engine.

Kaine-TSH
Kaine-TSH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaine-TSH Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:48 pm

Where's everyone elses ideas for the Sept Ban List???????
Kaine-TSH
Kaine-TSH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down