2 Chariot
2 BTH
2 Prison
1 COTH
1 Mirror Force
1 Torrential
1 Royal Oppression/Solemn Warning
2 Trap Stun

The only things Glads lost with the format rotation was Heavy Storm and Rescue cat, Rescue Cat wasn't really needed for the deck to function and Heavy Storm hurts pretty much every deck more than Glads.

This is closer to an Older version that relays heavily on Gyzarus plays while hiding behind TrapStun/Cold Wave.
Jakeman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LolGiadiatorBeasts(September)

Post  Kaine-TSH on Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:15 am

Here is the Glad Beast Build that I'm playing around with. I think it's a little diffrent than most people has seen but in this format I think it will work well. PLEASE give me your opinions it's completely diffrent from your build but I'm not a Pro Glad player by any means. I ran DAD/Zombies during that format.

2 Laquari
1 Samnite
1 Darius
1 Murmillo
1 Secutor
2 Equeste
1 Bestiari
3 Test Tiger
1 E H Prisma
2 T Kings
1 Doom Cal
1 Gorz

1 Smashing Ground
1 Cold Wave
2 MST
2 Book of Moon
2 Gladiator Beast Respite
1 Pot of Duality

2 Bottomless
2 D Prison
3 Chariot
1 Solemn
2 Dust Tornado
1 Starlight Road
3 Waboku
Kaine-TSH
Admin

View user profile http://splatterhouse.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Vanilla fox on Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:21 pm

@jakeman

looks like a solid build! Not digging the double prisma though. Prisma is a good tech at 1 but with only 1 besti, I think you can dead draw him a little too much. Especially in a larger tourny.

@ Nick

3 respite or no respite. Just my humble opinion bro!
Vanilla fox
Admin

View user profile http://www.splatter-house.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Trae5454 on Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:07 am

I agree with travis 100% king
Trae5454

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jakeman on Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:36 am

I like 2x Prisma because aside from making the Gyzarus play easier, I often find myself using them to try and eat up BTH while dumping laquaris for future advantage swings.

I may opt to drop from for a Breaker.

I agree with 3x Respite or no respite, although I definitely am not a fan of that card.
Jakeman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trae5454 on Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:38 am

Yea bro drop 1 prisma for a breaker and see how it tests lmk cuz I'm intrested. king
Trae5454

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jakeman on Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:02 pm

Breaker is like one of my favorite cards for this format now.

I do not like Anti-Meta Stuff in glads, glads are not an Anti-meta deck(at least not of this variation) and I just don't find them particularly useful. I am also not a huge fan of Gorz in any deck that's going to have cards on the field very long (glads are honestly a prime example of this)

also I'm pretty anti-DustTornado/MST, I just think there are better options when there are so few popular chain able cards (outside from a single particular deck)
Jakeman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trae5454 on Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:44 pm

I agree 100% but I'm still guna run mst just cuz its good ya digg? king
Trae5454

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Desra on Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:07 am

Oh hi. I noticed we have a GB thread going on here, so I thought I'd make my presence known. I may not be a "pro" but I have been playing Glads for a long time.... like since they came out.

One of the greatest advantages of Glads is the fact that one can tech so many cards in them with little to no problems.

Here are some of my thoughts on things to do with Glads this format:

2 Primsa x 2 Darius. I am a fan of Prisma Glads and have been for a while now. Running 2 Prisma serves multiple purposes: 1. Primsa is fodder for Bottomless, Trap Hole, etc. 2. It allows you to play more aggressively and make more Gyzarus plays. 3. If scenario number 1 occurs, at least one can use priority to dump a GB into the graveyard for later revival w/ Darius or Equeste.

2 Cyber Dragon. This is a possibility for glad players who want a monster to bait out traps but who can also act as a beatstick. He also allows you to put Chimeratech Fortress Dragon in your extra deck. I personally prefer Cyber Dragons sided in my Gladiator beast deck; however, everyone has their own philosophy on how to run glads

Effect Veiler. As soon as I can get a hold of some Veilers, I intend to test them in GB's. Veiler solves the problem of trump effects without having to rely solely on Chariot. Also, the first time you use it there may be shock value present. A player might read Chariot and Trap Stun pre-emptively to prevent its activation.

N-o on Morphing Jar. While having a big hand is nice in Glads, it more often than not benefits your opponent more than it does you. Glads DO NOT have to have some form of draw power teched into them just for the sake of having more draw power. Once Morphing Jar is flipped he's useless unless you run a tribute to get rid of him or a tuner to synchro him away.

N-o on Stratos. I understand that he's an 1800 beatstick and that he can add Prisma to hand; however, that doesn't justify giving him a spot. With only 1 it's inconsistent that you'll draw him unless you tech in either E-Emergency Call or RotA, neither of which are needed. If you need a beatsick so badly, consider Cyber Dragon or hell even Andal (p.s. next set there's a card that lets you send a normal monster to the grave in order to draw 2 cards. andal + that for the win? lol)

And I'm sure I'll get hate for saying this, but, I don't like Respite. Never have. Never will. I've tried it multiple times and it's never worked for me. Respite is great if, and only if, you have a fistful of useless GB cards that you want to return to your deck. However, if you're playing the deck well enough, you won't end up with tons of useless GB cards in your hand. Also, there have been many times where I've sent GB cards back to my deck and drawn worse cards than what I had. I understand running this card if you run Secutor (which I don't recommend either), but unless you feel compelled to use it (Respite), don't bother.

That is all.
Desra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down